“The love is in the details”, whether you love them or hate them, sometimes it’s the little things that can get in the way of planning an exceptional event. Before you request a proposal, use our Catering Party Planner to assist you in considering the following:
- Determine your budget
- Make the guest list – this will help estimate how many guests to expect.
- Pick a location – Somewhere Off-site? Bistro Etc?
- Set the date and time of the event
- Seated Meal
Works well at formal events such as rehearsal dinner , business dinners, or where a presentation will take place.
- Standing Reception
Works well for events with limited space, a short event time or where you want to encourage mingling and networking-consider having your guests stand and place some cabaret tables around the room as places to rest drinks.
- Partial Seating
Works well when your guest list includes a mixed age group or may extend for a length of time.
- Dry Bar
If you have a budget-conscious event, eliminating alcohol completely will help with the expenses. To add options, consider a specialty non-alcoholic drink, such as hibiscus and ginger iced tea.
- Beer and Wine
Variety is the spice of life . . . except when you’re waiting in line at the bar. Offering beer and wine as the only alcoholic options is cost-effective and keeps the bar line moving forward so that guests have more time to enjoy your event!
- Full Bar
A special day deserves the best. Events with large crowds or gatherings for an exceptional occasion may call for a bar with full options for mixed drinks. Please let your Events Coordinator know if you would like to serve specialty drinks such as appletinis or mojitos as they require additional mixers.
FOOD PRESENTATION METHODS
* Please discuss food allergies or dietary restrictions with your Bistro Etc Event Coordinator *
- Passed hors d’oeuvres
This option works for any event. Either as a pre-dinner appetizer or as the sole service of the party, they are easy to hold in your hand, offer variety to the menu and are easy to serve. However, keep in mind that it takes wait staff to pass the hors d’oeuvres, which may increase your personnel estimate.
- Stationary hors d’oeuvres
Work well for open houses, auctions, or receptions where guests arrive intermittently or move around within the event area.
- Combination of Passed & Stationary hors d’oeuvres
Offers the best of both, stations are located at strategic areas throughout the room to act as gathering spots, while our staff roams the floor with trays for those who like to remain mobile.
A popular service choice and familiar to everyone. This option helps keep personnel costs in line and is a good venue for offering a variety of menu choices.
- Seated Meal
At a plated meal, our professional wait staff serves plated courses to individual diners
FOOD & BEVERAGE PLANNING
Know how much Food & Beverages to have on hand
- Count on 2 drinks per guest first hour, then 1 drink per hour for each additional hour.
- Provide guests with non-alcoholic drink choices.
- Assume some of your guests will be vegetarians.
- Count on 4 hors d’oeuvres per person if you’re serving a meal.
- If you’re just serving hors d’oeuvres with cocktails, the amount goes up to 12 pieces per person.
- A portion of meat per person is 1/4 to 1/3 pound.
- A portion of vegetables, rice, pasta or salad is 1/2 cup.
- A 9-inch pie or tart (after a large meal) will serve 8 to 10.
- A bottle of wine will serve 4 glasses.
- Always prepare a selection of items that can be served at room temperature. That way you don’t have to worry that your hot entree will be getting cold, or that your cold dessert will be melting.
Q: Are you Fully Licensed and Insured as an Off-Premise Caterer?
A: Bistro Etc Catering is Fully Licensed and Insured.
Q: Your Service Says Food Only Prices – What does that mean?
A: The food will be delivered hot in serving trays 45 minutes prior to your function.
Q: You charge a Delivery and Setup Fee of $75 (up to 10 miles) what is that?
A: We will deliver all food and and set it up on your buffet tables.
All the necessary chaffers, sterno and serving tools are included.
Q: You charge a Drop Off Only Fee $25 (up to 10 miles) what is that?
A: We will deliver all food and drop it off at a location of your choice – No setup
Q: What about silverware, flatware, glasses and napkins?
A: We do not supply these items.
Q: Can you provide Professional Uniformed Servers to staff my party?
A: Yes, we have staff available for any size function. Minimum Requirements Apply.
Q: Can you provide bartenders and alcohol at my location?
A: No, although we are fully licensed by the NY Liquor authority, for insurance reasons we do not get involved with off-premise serving of alcoholic beverages.
Q: Can I customize my menu i.e: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, etc?
A: Yes, we can accommodate almost any request. Cost will vary depending on final menu selection and your final approval.
Q: What do you require to hold a guaranteed date for my event?
A: A non-refundable 50% deposit is required.
Q: Can we decorate the restaurant for our private party?
A: Yes, as long as the items do not require being: taped, pinned or otherwise attached to walls or light fixtures.
Q: Do you cater children’s parties at the Bistro?
A: Bistro Etc is an Adult themed restaurant – it is not appropriate for this age group.